Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Abundant Mercy: Wash and Cleanse Me

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and a cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions,and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight (Psalm 51:1-4)

Paul David Tripp describes his new book, Whiter Than Snow, a collection of meditations on Psalm 51.




Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. (Psalm 51:10-12)


(Create in Me a Clean Heart by Keith Green on his Greatest Hits album)


More valuable resources on understanding and gleaning the gems of God's abundant grace and mercy found in Psalm 51:

Charles H. Spurgeon's The Treasury of David. And in printed form.

Arthur W. Pink's The Life of David (Vol. 2, Chs. 51-57). And in printed form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home